Friday, March 18, 2011

Love one another

sourire.html.jpg
I found this from a daily email I get "French word of the day".  and it was perfect for this post.  Through our shop we have
 gotten to know Hiromi and Tim.  Hiromi is a talented artist that I will be talking more about in another post, she is originally from Japan and her family still lives there.  They are a safe distance from the devastation but it's still  so hard being away from loved ones at a time like this so she is doing everything she can to help her native country.  We have a donation jar in the shop, and she sells her beautifully crafted purses at the shop next door "Circa Arts".  She is donating 1/2 the proceeds to the Japan relief.  To visit her blog and learn more about her please go here.   
We at junk evolution feel so blessed to be among such wonderful community of loving, giving people.  We just want to give back as much as we possibly can with outreach projects that are important to us, so please help if you can.  If you want to donate from a distance, please make your check out to the American Red Cross and send them to Junk evolution,
528 E Colfax Ave. South Bend, IN.  46617.




2 comments:

  1. I just clicked over from Tracy Porter's blog. I am extremely impressed with your site, and will be sharing your opening quote with all my friends today. Thank you for your inspiration. When I have time, I want to wander the site. The next time I am in Indiana, I will definitely check out Junk Evolution. (I am from Lake Geneva, WI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Char and Friends,

    Thank you so much for encouraging people to help Japan! It was hard to keep my eyes dry when I read this post. And in this community there are many kind people concerning the circumstances in my country. I am really grateful to those people and countries who are trying to help.

    I just packed some handmade stuff I made in these two days to send to NYC. One of my friend in NY is organizing sales for collecting money for donation (She is also an artist). All thoughts of Japanese folks who live out of Japan are coming together. And also I am donating the proceeds of items on my online store. If you are interested please check it too. http://www.etsy.com/shop/harujiondesign?ref=si_shop

    I will keep searching what I can do from far in this country and believing Japan will rise from this enormous tragedy. Again thank you so much for your support.

    ReplyDelete